It’s that time of year TGIFguide readers! Whether you’re schussing down double black diamonds or trying your luck on the bunny slopes, winter wouldn’t be complete without a few days in the mountains. With so many grand getaways just a few hours’ flight for anyone hailing from Los Angeles (like me!), choosing the best of the best can be quite the undertaking. Best spa? Best powder? Decisions, decisions.
After sorting through countless reviews I was alleviated in discovering this list from the annual Readers’ Choice Awards by Condé Nast Traveler. There’s no arguing with the voices of close to 80,000 readers when it comes to picking the best of the best. Since 1987, discerning travelers – including the TGIFguide team – have relied on Condé Nast Traveler as an unparalleled resource for tips on the best hotels, cruise ships and airlines, and this year is no exception.
From fresh powder to fabulous firesides, spas and restaurants, here are the top picks from the eighteenth annual Condé Nast Traveler Ski Poll for North America. All 20 properties were nabbed by US locations, with 12 of them in Colorado. Which one will you take off to? Be sure to save a seat on the lift for me!
1. St. Regis Aspen Resort / ASPEN, CO
2. Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain / BEAVER CREEK, CO
3. Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge / TELLURIDE, CO
4. Lumiére Telluride / TELLURIDE, CO
5. Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa / LAKE PLACID, NY
6. Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole / JACKSON HOLE, WY
17. Woodstock Inn & Resorts / VT
18. Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa / BEAVER CREEK, CO
19. Inn at Lost Creek / TELLURIDE, CO
20. Westin Monache Resorts / MAMMOTH LAKES, CA
Want more info? The full story by CNTraveler is now online and on newsstands – be sure to check it out before you plan your winter getaway! You can also click here to participate in the 2013 Reader’s Choice Survey.
See you on the slopes darlings!
**Photo credit : Condé Nast Traveler**